Job Title: IT Network/NOC Specialist
Department: Service and Support
Reports to: Operations Manager
This role is a key contributor in the success of proactively managing our clients’ networks. Want to be part of a company that has been growing 30% per year over the last 4 years? Want to be part of a winning culture? Want to be part of an education first culture? Want to be on the fast track for growth? If any of these questions apply, we could be the right fit company for you.
The NOC Engineer I or II provides a wide range of technical support for client computing and information systems by helping to maintain the integrity of the internal systems, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments. He/She will perform preventative and automated maintenance on desktops, laptops, servers, networking devices, and related software. The NOC engineer will diagnose mechanical, hardware, software, systems, and network failures, using established procedures and will learn to leverage automation tools to help alleviate manual work. Engineer will work in conjunction with senior engineers to help verify environments across the spectrum are proactively maintenanced.
As needed, classroom based MSCA/MSCE training can be provided to assist with understanding more complex environments. As a Microsoft Premier Partner, Azure training will also become available as the engineer scales. Virtualization training also available, as needed.
- IT Support relating to issues with the internal systems and network infrastructure.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server.
- Support services for virtualization technologies: VMware and Microsoft.
- Support services at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, and firewalls.
- Administer hosted and cloud solutions for customers using technologies that meet their requirements.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, or agreed outages.
Physical and non-IT Requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel to multiple clients daily, as occasionally needed
- Ability to lift, carry, and move all components of user workstations, network equipment, and peripherals.
- Must pass background check
Desired Skills and Experience General:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as they occur.
- Professional IT Certifications: CompTIA A+/Network+, MCSA, MCSE
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
YourITgroup offers competitive benefits including medical/dental/vision, on-going training and education, paid holidays, paid vacation, performance bonuses, company profit sharing and much more.
YourITgroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.